Punto Sicuro Project
Through one of its companies specialising in retail, Gamenet Group subscribes to the Punto Sicuro project - a system set up to prevent pathological gambling (or PGD - Pathological Gambling Disorder), identify players who may be at risk, and refer them for treatment at specialized centres, helping to counteract illicit activities such as money laundering, usury and criminal infiltration. Punto Sicuro is based on a procedural guideline, validated by the Department of Psychiatric Consultation at the Gemelli University Hospital in Rome, which divides the elements into several aspects:
- Social: be aware of weaker categories (those aged under 21 and over 65), and involved in illegal activities;
- Technical: direct and indirect prevention tools;
- Professional: reinforce professional profiles and develop skills;
- Clinical: address the diagnosis and cure of PGD;
- Organizational: integration into corporate culture of PGD management, and objectify the results.
The project, which is in the experimental stage, represents the spread of an innovative vision within the industry, through the redevelopment of the sustainability of gambling.